Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mivek4doddle Project CAI - Heatshield, Tube & Oil Catch Tank





  • The air tube is made of stainless steel. I will need the DEI heatwrap to protect it from the engine bay heat.
  • The SAMCOs were the direct coupling hoses. Thank god it fits (with bit of effort needed). If not, i can see a hole through my wallet with the expensive SAMCO reducers.
  • The heatshield is made of aluminium. The sides has been covered nicely with a black plastic rubber lining inserts.
  • As requested, the SARD oil catch tank has been fabricated to fit AN -6 hoses plus a new bracket holder. I am not sure how i am going to connect the breather system yet.

I think most of the things i drew has come out nicely. I would like to thank Hizam for the many ideas he has contibuted to this CAI project. And also i would like to thank GME Bros again for the custom frabrication works.