Monday, March 24, 2008

SuperPro Power Steering Rack Mount & Pinion Bushes

This is my 1st time buying SuperPro bushes. Been hearing about them since many-many years ago. SuperPro bushes are affordable, just that you need to wait for the right time to change and upgrade them. So i decided to change my power steering rack mounts and pinion bushes for a start.

Meor was at my mech's place to witness the day i swapped my bushes. The original bushes came off and believe or not, both bushes were hard and one of them had cracked god knows from when. According to my calculation, i think these were factory original parts which dated 13 years ago, ha ha.

When my car was hoisted up, i squatted and checked on my old bushes visible underneath the car. To be honest, im gonna change them all to SuperPro at the same time with my 4-disc conversion. Cant imagine having dead bushes on my car now. Damn wear and tear problems.

I didnt snap the new bushes on the steering rack as they were too deep underneath. I could only peeped through from the driveshafts sides.

Price : Slightly below RM100. (Excluding labour cost and wheel alignment)


**SuperPro is slightly stiffer than your original brand bushes. That you have to consider.
**Everytime when there is a bush upgrade, wheel alignment is necessary. Think how many times you want to do alignment when you have so many bushes. Either you want to do front, rear or both sides at a time.