Thursday, May 25, 2006

SIC Drag Battle Round 2 (20th May 2006)


It was Saturday and it was the day ive been waiting for. Dang!
This year was my 1st time putting myself into the gauntlet.
It's like putting my rat's ass inside a snake dungeon. I was
ready, the mind has been set, the car was ready. Game was ON.
The anticipation was something to talk about than the mods on
my car. The feeling was just so thrilling eventhough it was legal.
Weather was damn good and humidity is high as usual.

I came early, scrutineered my car by the JPJ chaps. According to
them brakeless rear spindles are not allowed the next round. I
was hoping to have some early free-runs but they postponed it
after briefing. Briefing was at 9pm. Free-running at 9:30pm. It
was packed at the grandstand. Every legal and illegal beast i
could think of was there that night. I could feel my head on the
slaughtering board.

There wasnt any time-clocking that night due to machine fault.
I went in to crack my own time. Dang!

I was running with normal fuel, normal street tyres and did not
do shit with my mods even for the battle. I came alone. Paid
RM180.00 for the entrance fee with 3 passes including mine.
I gave Zuhailee 1 pass and he became my cameraman as i
dun have time to go around.

Gabrial and Daniel was there to participate in the event. My ass
got whooped on the 3rd run with the fastest N/A in Asia, Vaz-Maz
3-rotor Savannah.

I could see so many Hooiser tyres, so many new mods and new
fighters coming up. They get faster and faster i noticed as they
enter the battle. Vtec-Turbos, mad Nissans and also ladies, ahem.
By the way and no, Aloysius Wee did not manage to prepare in time.

I was happy with my car setup tho i had bad traction all the rounds.
It ended around 2am and i was aching tired.

I hope i see more people participating, as i see many ppl can
talk and talk and talk but at the end of the day they'll
pop-up an excuse-o-meter. Bullshit Wankers!

ps. To Faizal, the helmet fits. Just need to refurbish it. Thanks.