Thursday, December 06, 2007

Sani's Refurbished SSR Type-X 15x6.5JJ +42

When i saw these rims at the used parts store, it doesnt look good like you see now. It came painted flat black from Japan. With all the minor peeled-off paint, uneven painted surface and stone chipped everywhere, i had to send to the paint shop to refurbish it.

Nowadays if you plan to restore to the original colour (which comes a few in the catalog), it'll take too many things to buy. If you can find the complete SSR air lock nuts, complete SSR center caps and also a shop that anodizes sports rims, ure good to go. Else, forget about it, be creative and be different.

It took less than a week for the refurbishment process. I didnt rush the folks at the paint shop. Painting flat black wasnt my idea since i have seen some done locally which was not quite promising. I kept my fingers crossed and it turned out way better than i expected.

My idea of painting my own rims jet black prolly would out-shine my bloody car. With bit of dilemmas and advises from few chaps, im going this path too.

ps. if you like that dirty anodized spoon desmond regamaster look, it looks almost identical but not as rough surfaced as anodized spoon.

Stay tuned.