Monday, June 18, 2007

Sepang Drag Battle - Round 3 - The Accident


Last Saturday night the weather was gloomy and rain was still drizzling to the early evening during the event. Nothing much we can hope for as the whole week was forcasted to rain day and night. I went to Sepang and i was quite surprised with the drivers turnout and the large numbers of spectators. We managed to get good parkings and also pit passes.



In between the event, an accident happened in Group A category (4WD & Open). GT Auto's EVOIII spun and hit the wall along the grandstand stretch. I was watching it LIVE when the tail started to spin, turned 270 degrees and hit the wall. The car was a wreck. It hit the side wall so bad the car was crushed into half. Everything broke incuding the rollcage. Driver was hurt in the incident. Ambulances and a forklift came to the rescue.


Front my point of view, the car had won that round. Unfortunately, according to sources he triggered NOS/srambled boost on the damp strip which i think it was a foolish thing to do when the other driver was already 150-200m behind him. Above are the photos before the incident. I tried to snap using my "normal" camera and i cant see shit with the flash even. I also heard people saying that the car was producing 1000hp 


I have more pix from the event. Will post it later when im free.